Monday, April 29, 2013

Citations and Copyright Laws

As a future teacher, the use of appropriate citation is extremely important to me.  Students know the difference between right and wrong from a very young age, and it should be evident that saying that someone else's work it their own is dishonest and wrong. Teachers shouldn't have to be constantly checking up on their student's work to make sure that they are appropriately using citations and not copying another's work.  It is time consuming and would be unnecessary if only student's wouldn't take advantage of the system.  By setting an example in my work, I hope to help the students that I teach in the future to do what is right and take the time and effort to give credit where it is due.
I want to strive to be an example in this area.  It isn't really that hard to ask permission before using someone else's work, or to cite something properly.  If someone just puts a little effort into it, they can avoid many major problems that would come about with copyright violations.  I want to do my best to give credit where it is due and not to claim someone else's work as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment